New LHA rates published for 2014/15 | Discuss

Welcome to the Property Forum where we can share our knowledge & experiences together to become better at what we do.

Forum Terms & Conditions

Enlarge/Change font size here

A A A

Please consider registering

sp_LogInOut Log In sp_Registration Register

Register | Lost password?
Advanced Search

— Forum Scope —

— Match —

— Forum Options —

Minimum search word length is 3 characters - maximum search word length is 84 characters

sp_Feed Topic RSS sp_Related Related Topics sp_TopicIcon
New LHA rates published for 2014/15
24/02/2014
12:06 pm
News @ Tenant Referencing
Members

Moderators
Forum Posts: 1636
sp_UserOfflineSmall Offline

The DWP have published the 2014/15 Local Housing Allowance rates (LHA) which will take effect from April this year and are set out HERE. (<<click to go)

These rates will not appear on LHA-Direct before 18 March 2014.
Any policy enquiries should be directed to the Department for Work and Pensions.
24/02/2014
12:19 pm
Mary Latham
Suporter
Forum Posts: 2194

You beat me to it I was just about to post this.  God help LHA tenants.  The single room rate in Birmingham was already far too low at £61.50 but it has now been reduced to £56.77 - £8 a day for a room.  A pack of cigarettes costs more than that.  I can see landlords issuing Section 21's and driving LHA tenants into the worse properties run by the worse landlords and our tax pounds will be paying them.

-----------------------

Follow me on Twitter@landlordtweets  

The perfect present for property investors @ £4.64. My book, where I warn about the storm clouds that are gathering for landlords is available on Amazon title.  Property For Rent – Investing in the UK: Will You Survive the Mayhem? 

Follow me on Twitter @landlordtweets

24/02/2014
1:56 pm
David Price
Members
Forum Posts: 1700

it's all good for my proposed park bench enterprise.  Wink

I suppose I should be thankful that in my area the one bedroom rate has stayed the same.  With costs escalating I doubt I will be able to hold my prices for very much longer.

24/02/2014
2:45 pm
Paul Routledge
Admin
Forum Posts: 3433

Mary Latham said
You beat me to it I was just about to post this.  God help LHA tenants.  The single room rate in Birmingham was already far too low at £61.50 but it has now been reduced to £56.77 – £8 a day for a room.  A pack of cigarettes costs more than that.  I can see landlords issuing Section 21's and driving LHA tenants into the worse properties run by the worse landlords and our tax pounds will be paying them.

———————--

Follow me on Twitter@landlordtweets  

The perfect present for property investors @ £4.64. My book, where I warn about the storm clouds that are gathering for landlords is available on Amazon title.  Property For Rent – Investing in the UK: Will You Survive the Mayhem? 

Mary,

Councils think landlords can house someone for £8 a day for which they command good liveable accommodation in a safe and secure environment, whilst around Weston super Mare they have installed parking charges throughout the town centre which they charge upwardly of £1 an hour. 

So basically councils think it is fair that we should be able to house people for £8 a day while they can charge the rest of us up to £16 a day for 16 hours parking our cars on a street that we already pay car tax for. Lol   Laugh

Paul Routledge CEO
Tenant Referencing UK.Com
24/02/2014
2:56 pm
londonlandlord
Members
Forum Posts: 208

Paul

But don’t forget the £500 they charge you as an additional licensing fee to make sure you are a fit and proper person to give you eight quid in the first place LaughLaughLaughLaugh

Forum Timezone: Europe/London

Most Users Ever Online: 755

Currently Online:
29 Guest(s)

Currently Browsing this Page:
1 Guest(s)

Top Posters:

PaulBarrett: 2902

Mary Latham: 2194

LyndonBaker: 1805

David Price: 1700

Patricia: 1054

DATA CONTROL: 979

Member Stats:

Guest Posters: 2635

Members: 6862

Moderators: 5

Admins: 1

Forum Stats:

Groups: 1

Forums: 3

Topics: 4689

Newest Members:

anne_1, steveando, hiretradies, ulises22, caylinbr, nowthen

Moderators: News @ Tenant Referencing: 1636, laura: 15, Chloe: 107, lucybarr: 0, jaswhite: 20

Administrators: Paul Routledge: 3433